Sunday, March 15, 2009

March Madness...

Happy Sunday from the Merrick household. I hope you are having a fabulous weekend wherever you are. We have been enjoying an absolutely amazing weekend, weather wise. Gunner has gotten lots of exercise and tons of outdoor attention, which he loves. As I type he is laying by the patio door whining because Sean is outside cleaning the grill and didn't invite Gunner to join him:( We are firing up the grill tonight and I can't wait!!! I love the smell of grilling, it is one of my most favorite smells, along with all the neighbors burning leaves. We have realized that back in Iowa everyone rakes and burns their leaves in Fall, but not in West Michigan. It snows too soon...so today everyone is out and about raking and burning leaves...ahhhh, it smells so good!

We have had a great weekend...Friday evening we went bowling with some friends for Sean's birthday, and I must add that I was the highest bowler with a 148!!! Much different than my wii bowling scores. Saturday, Sean and I ventured out to run some errands and purchased our joint birthday present! We have been shopping for a camera for awhile now and decided it was going to be our gift to eachother for our birthdays in 2009. We were so happy to find a local camera shop downtown Kalamazoo, after spending 3 hours with a camera junkie...we decided on a Canon EOS 50D. Today Sean and I shot over 100 pictures testing out all the different settings and features...I may pick up photography as a side job! (anyone in need???) I will post some of our photography once I figure out how to download them to my computer.

Today is all about Basketball...what am I saying...this weekend has been all about basketball! Let the games begin...The Big 10 is representing quite well this year. Unfortunately my Hawks will not be dancing, however the other half of this household gets to cheer on the Illini.

No comments:

Post a Comment