Sunday, August 29, 2010

wonderful weekend

Beautiful Blues...despite his two scratches
This is Luke after a quick trip to the grocery store. Luke loves going to Target or grocery shopping with me, I think its just the idea of getting out of the house! We like to go to the grocery store around 7:30 a.m when nobody else is there because he tends to scream at the top of his lungs and laugh at himself as we stroll down the aisle. I truly don't mind, because it is all in fun, I am just being courteous to all the other shoppers!
Two of my three boys sporting their cubs attire!
We had such a great weekend hanging out together! Yesterday Luke and I went for a walk and played at the elementary school playground while Sean went to the gym. After Luke's afternoon nap we went over to check on the house and then went to the playground, where Luke encountered some bullying. Today after Luke woke from his morning nap, we packed a picnic lunch and headed out to beautiful Lake McBride. It was a little warm, but there was a great breeze coming off the lake. I have to admit, in all my years of living in Iowa City/Coralville, I was not aware of the great little picnic and beach area. I always thought it was just hiking, so our intent was to picnic and take a quick hike. Until we saw the beach, luckily I had a little swimmer in the diaper bag, there was NO keeping Luke out of the water. We had a great afternoon and it was so nice to enjoy the Lake area, I have a feeling we will be spending lots of time out there this Fall enjoying the change of leaves and doing a little hiking!
Now, back to the grind! I received many inquiries about my week away. I had to travel to Sunnyvale, CA just outside of San Fransisco. Our divisional headquarters has an office out there and I had to partake in some cadaver training, YES, I had to do a surgical procedure on a cadaver. Enough said. It is great to have the week long training behind me!
We have a pretty low key week planned on the work front, however I have a lot of catching up to do and party planning for our BIG Birthday next Saturday! I have found myself spending a lot more time putting Luke down to bed, I so much enjoy bedtime with him. He loves to read books so we read at least 3-4 books, we say prayers, and then we sing. It is so darn cute, he will start to hum along with me when I sing to him. Tonight when we were eating dinner, it dawned on me...no baby food. He was eating everything with us, a turkey burger, sweet potato, strawberries, and some bread, oh and don't forget his whole milk in a sippy cup! Wow, he is growing up!
I find myself thinking of funny "Luke stories" throughout the day and just laughing. This morning when I put him down for his nap, I whispered to him "it's nigh nigh time". He got real close to my face and whispered back to me...I died laughing which totally broke the quietness of the room, and of course he started laughing too. Priceless.
Sorry for the rambling post, lots of thoughts coming to me as I think about how great our weekend was and what an exciting week our family has ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment