Friday, August 27, 2010

On my way home

I write tonight as I am literally en route from San Fransisco to Minneapolis. In flight wi-fi is a wonderful gift, it definitely makes the flight pass quickly as I am SO eager to get home. This has quite possibly been one of the longest weeks I have experienced in a very long time. I think it has something to do with a cute little boy wanting his mommy!
It has been very hard for me to be away for this long. Sean and Ms. Judi have done a great job sending me pictures throughout the day, although it makes me miss him so much more. They have had a very busy and fun week back home. I hear the weather has been great! Ms. Judi took Luke to the park a few days and today he got a tour of the Iowa Football complex/office. I am sure his Grandpa and uncles will be very jealous!
Sean and Luke have had such a fun week! Sean was a little worried how the evenings would go, but so far so good. They have had five straight nights of fun! Luke can get a little temperamental around 6:00-6:30 if he doesn't nap real well and it makes dinner time pretty frustrating. Sean was dreading mealtime meltdowns, but it sounds like they didn't have any. They even enjoyed a "guys night out" with Randy and Ryder Laing Wednesday night at the Wig and Pen!
I have had a lot of anxiety about this week for several months, knowing how hard five days away would be, so I am thankful to have it behind me as I am just a few hours away from being home with my boys! I love and miss them SO SO much!
We are looking forward to a very relaxing weekend together as we gear up for Luke's 1st birthday. I am still in awe that next Saturday he will be one. I found myself over and over this week saying I have a little baby at home, and when they would ask how old, I realized he isn't a baby anymore, he is almost ONE!

This was the picture I woke up to yesterday that Sean sent me. Of course this brought a tear to my eye, missing this sweet little smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment