Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gonna be a LONG week...

It's going to be a long week for our family...especially ME! How can it not be with these amazing guys I have to leave for a whole week...

my amazing hubby

my beautiful little boy


and our gentle giant Gunner

I have to travel to Sunnyvale, CA for five days of training for my job. It's been a long time coming and I have been dreading it for many months. I was originally suppose to go in January, then it was pushed to March, then I had a conflict, so the time as come for me to leave my boys for a week. This will be the longest amount of time I will ever be away from my family, at least for many years. Sean and I plan to take little getaways, just the two of us, but never for a whole week! I am a little bitter that the longest period of time I have to be away from my family is not for a fun, getaway, its for work:( boo-hoo! There is ONE good that will come out of this trip away from home, I will get to see my brother Nate. Sunnyvale is located just outside of San Fransisco, so we are going to meet in the city for dinner Tuesday night. It will be great to see him and I am hopeful that with a jam packed schedule, Friday will be here before we all know it! We are so fortunate to have Ms. Judi! She is so great with Luke and a tremendous help around the house. Let me tell you, the trick to staying sane during time away from my family is knowing that Luke is in good hands and I have very little to worry about, just bummed that I can't be there. Between Sean and Ms. Judi, Luke is going to have a fun filled week. I think it is so wonderful that Sean has this time with Luke, he is such a great dad! I have to hand it to Sean, I think it says a lot that he can handle the household for six nights with a very busy 11 month old. My last comment on work & travel and then I will move on...I think it should be against company policy to make working mother's be away from their children for more than 3 days!!! ha...think that will ever get accomplished??? I also think that nobody should have to travel for work on a Sunday. Sundays are meant to spend with your family, not in an airport! So, as I promised enough...I have had my pity party. All in All it will be a great week for Sean & Luke to "hang out", I get to see my brother, I am going to catch some good workouts, and am hopeful that Friday will be here before we all know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment