Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend

Luke and I spent the weekend at home, and had a great visit from my mom and brother Mitch. Sean went to Northern Minnesota fishing with his dad, my dad, and our friend Heath. So while the guys played in the Minnesota waters, my mom stayed with Luke and I for the weekend. Friday night my brother Mitch came down and we grilled out and watched our nightly entertainment, aka Luke! Luke's vocabulary has expanded greatly this weekend. He is saying, book, please or release, and I swear he said "mitch". Although, he has NO idea what he is saying, he has started repeating what we say. It is quite funny! We had another visitor Friday night. My good friend Kelle was driving through on her way from Denver, CO to Virginia, so she stopped for a short visit. Kelle is moving from Denver to Charlottesville, VA just in time to get married next Saturday in Virginia Beach. I am so bummed that we are not able to make it to her wedding. I have to fly to California next weekend for work:(
Saturday we went shopping downtown Iowa City and enjoyed a great lunch in the Ped Mall. After Luke's nap we went to a birthday party, and then church. It was a very busy Saturday and we were all whipped! We watched a movie and called it a night. Today we went to Cedar Rapids to do a little shopping and met Mitch for lunch before we all parted ways. It was just an overall great weekend! When I start missing Kalamazoo, I need to remind myself how thankful I am to have family close by to share these types of weekends with. Luke had so much fun with Gramma and his Uncle Mitch!

This afternoon we were finally able to go for a walk and enjoy sometime at the park. It has been so hot and humid these past couple of weeks that we were never able to get out and do much. Luke and I both enjoyed a little outdoors! We are excited for Sean to get home! Although we had a great weekend, we miss him!

Luke smiling for Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment