We enjoyed a great four day weekend/vacation in Wisconsin. We took off last Friday and headed to Whitewater, WI to meet our friends the Migely's, and Bagan's, at The Migely Family lake home. We spent the weekend enjoying the beautiful weather and great company. Monday, we headed to the Wisconsin Dells to enjoy a couple of days at the Wilderness water park. If you have never heard or been, you need to check it out
www.wildernessresort.com, it is a children's paradise! Luke had a blast enjoying all the water activities, so did mom & dad. It was a great four day vacation with our little guy! Unfortunately, Luke came down with 103 temperature on our way home Tuesday night and has just been miserable. I slept in the chair with him on my chest the last two nights, let's cross our fingers I can get a good night sleep in my own bed tonight. I took him in today because his fever hadn't broke in 48 hours and I wanted to make sure it wasn't his ears. Good news, ears looked great! Bad news, he has hand, foot, mouth. A horribly contagious virus that results in sores all over his mouth, feet, and hand. Luke has a whole body rash and sores all over his mouth/throat. Poor guy, he just buries his head into my chest in pain, I feel so helpless. We are hoping that he starts to feel better soon. I am somewhat bitter that he is so sick because I took this whole week off of work to hang out with him. I had all these fun things planned, the pool, museum, and enjoying mommy/Luke time. Unfortunately, we are not getting to enjoy any of these fun things. On the other hand, I am so glad that I am home with him and not working. When he is sick he just wants his mommy and I am thankful that I am home with him to try and comfort him as much as possible.
Enjoy some photos of our time in Wisconsin!

Mommy & Luke on the dock

Luke enjoying the fish pool on the dock

now let's try the lake!

The Migely Family
Mike, Jodelle, Ben, & Kate

Ben & Kate
They were so good with Luke. He had so much fun playing and watching them both all weekend.

Luke with Daddy & Ben

Luke & Linus (best buddies)
Linus is Migely's dog and Luke loved him. I am not sure if Linus feels the same, but he was so kind and gentle

Mommy & Luke at the water park

Luke having fun in the water
Below are pictures of us enjoying the water park! We are not sure where this hand in the air thing came from but I thought I needed to show this 1st picture because Luke is now walking around with this right hand open...like give me some money dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment