A year ago this time we were organizing "Baby Love's" closet, washing all of the clothes, and getting the room just right for the arrival of our Sweet Little One. So if this is any inclination of things don't always go as planned. Sweet Little Luke never even slept in his 1st room at our home in Kalamazoo, MI. Because of my c-section, everything from his room was moved downstairs, being I couldn't take the stairs very well and then we moved when he was 7 weeks old! Little did we know, we didn't have five weeks to wait for our Baby Love, we only had to wait two more weeks!
As I think back to one year ago today...did I ever imagine that our lives could be filled with as much joy as this sweet little boy has brought into our lives??? I have to say that all those friends and family members who shared with us just how wonderful being a parent is, that is an understatement. I am not sure that anyone could have prepared Sean or I for just how wonderful it REALLY is. In the beginning the coos melted my heart, the cute little stretches, the way he curled up on my chest, the smell of a new baby, and now....the giggles, sloppy kisses, great big hugs, high pitched screams, his vocabulary is hysterical, and how he runs to me when I walk the front door....speechless....what a blessing this little boy has been to Sean and I. We are overjoyed. Being a mother has been one of the greatest gifts in the world!
In two weeks little Luke will be ONE year old!!!!

ONE year ago today....
No comments:
Post a Comment