So, Luke had his first encounter with a bully! We took Luke to the playground this afternoon, we were there just a couple of minutes and Luke had an encounter with a little boy. Of course, Luke thinks he wants to play, but this other little guy had something else in mind...he scratched the heck out of Luke's cute little face. The first time he pushed him down, so I said to the little boy that wasn't nice, we don't push. Luke got up like no big deal, then the little boy came after him again and scratched him all to heck. Then the big old tears came strolling down his cheeks, along with a little blood. I felt so bad for Luke, because he was so excited to play and just loves little kids, he had no idea what to think of this kid. Needless to say, the little boy's babysitter took him away from the play area and shortly after, Luke was back at it, having the time of his life. He just loves the playground and being around other little kids. For those of you who know me, it took all I had to not say anything to this little boys care provider. The first time he pushed him was bad enough, but then the scratching...AND it wasn't just Luke, after his little timeout he was back to the play area and hit another little kid. Kids will be kids and I am sure Luke will have his fair share of encounters, and I am sure I will be that mom that gets embarassed by his acting out and misbehaving!

Picture taken from my phone but you can see two of the scratches on his nose and by his mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment