What a dreary Monday! With the dark sky, thunder, and consist rainfall, it really makes me want to stay put for the day with my Sweet Little Luke more than ever. Despite him having hand, foot, mouth disease last week, my week home with him was great! We had a great four day trip to Wisconsin and then snuggling through his sickness. Luke took a turn for the better on Saturday afternoon, so we got some rest and we were ready to play! He is so much fun right now, it makes it so hard to get back into the swing of things at work. I just want to stay and play with him all day long! We are working on finding his tummy and nose. He does "so big", gives high fives, and does pad a cake! His newest words are "yuck" which he said ALL during church yesterday, and he gives his "daddy" a shout out every now and again. I had to spend most of church in the back yesterday. We are asking ourselves, what do we really get out of the mass when we are entertaining Luke the entire service? I am hoping that the more we bring him, he will get use to sitting still for one hour...I might be hoping a while. The problem is, when people talk or sing, he thinks he needs to talk or sing. So when Father is giving his homily, Luke feels the need to talk or scream back! Real cute. We are considerate of those around us, so we don't put up with much before we take off for the back of church.
I hope you all enjoy these next few weeks of summer. It is so hard to believe the first week of August is underway. I know many will be going back to school in the coming weeks. Iowa City has started to buzz. The college kids are beginning to stroll back into town. Note to self and other locals...avoid Target and Hy-Vee on Saturdays and Sundays! 

do you blame me for wanting to stay home and play with this little guy?
No comments:
Post a Comment