We have had just an amazing weekend...long weekend. Last week we took off early to head back to Iowa, making our first stop in Iowa City. We got to visit with Mitch and check in on our townhouse that he is now renting from us with a few buddies. We then headed back to Waukon for a few days, it was SO nice to be back for an extended weekend. Sean enjoy spending his time chasing Turkey and hiding out in the woods! He and dad did a little Turkey hunting and put up their tree stands for next Fall/Winter deer hunting. I was so excited that my best friend Dana and her husband Derek were able to visit Waukon as well for a couple of days so we got to hang out with them as well. They came out to the farm Thursday night, mom grilled up some steaks and we played a not-so-competitive game of euchre!!! (joking....anyone that knows my family and Dana knows this might get competitive) It was fun all the while. Friday Sean spent more time playing in the woods, while I went to visit Grandma Einck! She sure cooked up a feast for lunch, it was fabulous. Several of my aunts, uncles, and cousins joined us as well so it was great to catch up with all of them being I don't get to see them that often. These nice weekends being so close to our family and great friends really makes us miss being closer. It really feels like "home" to us! Overall, it was just a great weekend hanging out at the farm with mom and dad. I finally got my fix of Main Feature taco pizza!!! I wouldn't call it a craving by any means, but I wasn't leaving Waukon without a night of Main Feature taco pizza! Friday night we ordered pizza and watched the cubs get beat by St. Louis..bummer!
Saturday afternoon we headed out to Dubuque to visit our friends Scott and Rachel Steiner who just moved into their new house. The Kettmans and Foleys joined us for a fun filled Saturday night in Dubuque. They have a beautiful home and it was so fun to see everyone! Sunday we were Michigan bound, but not without a pit stop in Davenport to have lunch with our great friends Heath and Alicia Christians. Sean and I also got our fix on Whitey's ice cream...we use to make trips to Whitey's 2-3 times a week so we really missed it! My waistline doesn't miss it, but we sure did!
Back to work and back on the road. Sean left this morning and will be gone until Sunday with the exception of Wednesday. He is going to be back in town for one day, a very important day! Wednesday we have our 19 week ultrasound to see how our Baby Love is developing. Although I should point out, we may have a new nickname for Baby Merrick...my mom and Sean started calling the baby, "Produce Baby", why???? Every week I give Sean an update on the baby, what's developing, how long, how big, etc....my book always seems to compare the size of the baby to Produce! So this week, Produce Baby is the size of a Green Pepper!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment