Thursday, April 9, 2009

a little of this and a little of that

I am happy to say that Sean made it home on an earlier flight last night so we could have dinner together for my birthday. He took me to our favorite little Tapas restaurant downtown Kalamazoo, Fandango! He even surprised me with the best Chocolate Lava cake with a candle and all, I can't remember the last time I blew out a birthday candle! I got several great cards, lots of calls, flowers, and messages yesterday...so THANK YOU!
Today we have an appointment to tour Appletree Christian Daycare, this is a pretty big decision we will make for our Baby Love. I am a little nervous, but overall feel pretty good about it. We have some friends that have taken their little girl there since she was an infant and have heard nothing but great things about the center. Right now, they have a wait list for infants until November, so if we like it, we will have to jump on it! I will keep you posted.
Tonight the first of our Easter weekend company will be arriving. My parents will be arriving late tonight, Bryan and Kate tomorrow, and Mitch and Carlyn should roll in late Friday night or early Saturday morning. Now that he is a working man...he has to work until 6pm. We will miss Nate this weekend! We always miss him and I wish he was closer, but I really long for him around the holidays and when we all get together and he can't be here all the time. I am hoping when Baby Merrick arrives he will want to be closer and move back to the Midwest! (I know you are reading this Nate, so I am really pushing it, aren't I???) I am really looking forward to staying put for a holiday weekend for once and having family come to us! What a different feeling?!? More so, I am really excited to have our family visit, regardless of the weekend! It looks as though the forecast is going to cooperate with us all and possibly feel like Spring! My parents are hoping to golf tomorrow, so we will see what courses will be open to the early birds.

How about American Idol?!?! Kalamazoo received some major press with the Mayor in the audience and getting a "shout out"! I thought Matt did an awesome job Tuesday night. I will have to say a cried last night when Scott was told it was the end of the road. I thought he was such an inspiration for so many and just a really nice guy. I am sure he feels blessed to have gone has far as he did and the experience he will always have. I knew he was going to have to leave sooner or later, but I just felt really bad for him.

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes yesterday, it means a lot.
Aren't these flowers beautiful? We received this yesterday from our good friends, Mike and Deb Rozewicz, Melina's mom and dad...Baby Merrick's future BFF

No comments:

Post a Comment