Wednesday, April 29, 2009

19 weeks

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has given me what I asked of him."
1 Samuel 1:27
Today we got to see our Sweet Little One, it was so fascinating to see all the recent developments! We are so happy to share with you that Baby Love is a very healthy little one!!! We got up-close pictures of the kidneys, heart (all 4 chambers), stomach, palate, lips, arms, nose...everything was normal for a 19 week old fetus, according to the doctor. Our ultrasound tech confirmed once again that we have quite the little mover and shaker on our hands. Again, she had a very hard time getting the heartbeat, with little cooperation from the baby she got it at 145 bpm. Sean could've watched Baby Love on the monitor all morning, he was in absolute awe. We even got a picture of the baby waving at us, sucking its thumb, and doing a nice little back bend giving a great picture of the spine. I almost had a meltdown when the tech said she knew what we were having...I wanted to start begging "please tell", but am so glad Sean stuck to his guns! We will have the biggest surprise of our lives come September 24th. The baby is measuring right on 19-19 1/2 weeks.
I absolutely love the doctor I met with today, she is the one that drew me to this practice. I see all four practitioners throughout my pregnancy and whoever is on call will deliver our little one. I do want to share with you that today I was labeled "high-risk", due to a uterine septum that I have. A normal uterus is an oval/circle, and mine is heart shaped. Currently everything is healthy, however because my uterus is heart shaped it can cause some issues as the baby gets bigger. Right now, the baby is entirely occupying the right side, and clearly that is where ALL the activity is. Many women have this and never have any issues with it, however because we are aware of mine, they are taking a few extra precautionary steps, which is very reassuring to me. The main issues we discussed that are possibilities are: higher risk of c-section because the baby will have less room to turn, growth restrictions, and pre-term labor. Instead of being seen every 4 weeks, they are seeing me every 2-3 weeks and will be doing an ultrasound at all of the upcoming appointments to monitor how the baby is growing and isn't being restricted. I feel very good about the care that I am receiving and the steps they are taking to monitor our Sweet Little One. Again, there are many women that have perfectly healthy pregnancy's and have no complications, so please pray that Baby Merrick doesn't make an early appearance and continues to grow right on target.

Below our the latest and greatest snapshots of our Baby Love!

side profile and an arm shot

This is my absolute favorite of the Baby sucking its thumb



waving at Mom & Dad

Nice little back bend!



2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well and all are healthy!

    Ummmm...more ultrasounds more often?!? Really. Are you going to end up secretly finding out the gender? That is going to be torture!! :)

    Thinking of you - Love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff -- I'm so happy for you! Look at those perfect little pictures.

    ReplyDelete