Sean and I will be taking off this weekend on a little road trip...not so little road trip! This weekend Sean's Godson, Connor Jackson Merrick, is getting baptized in Collinsville, IL, right outside of St. Louis. We will be heading out today, making a pit stop in Urbana, IL to visit our great friends Jeremy and Kim Darnell. (& Dee & Lucie..Gunner's girlfriends) We are really looking forward to seeing them and catching up, it's been such a long time since we've seen them. Then on to St. Louis, its about six and a half hours from Kalamazoo, so the visit with Darnell's will help us break up the trip. I told Sean we have to get these long road trips out of the way now...because in a few months I am not sure I can sit still in a car for that long. Not to mention I have been getting horribly car sick these last few months..I am convinced it has something to do with the fact that Sean believes he belongs in the Indy 500! We will spend the remainder of our weekend in St. Louis with Sean's immediate and extended family, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Last night I got together with some girlfriends for a "girls night out", it was SO much fun. We try to get together once a month but it seems with every one's busy schedules it never happens that way, so it was so great to finally get our schedules to jive and have some girl time. We went to our favorite Tapas restaurant downtown Kalamazoo, ate lots of good food, indulged in great wine (minus myself and Jami, due in May), and enjoyed wonderful conversation. Getting together with girlfriends is precious!
I hope you are able to enjoy this amazingly beautiful day and weekend! It is mid 60s today, not a cloud in the sky, and the forecast for the weekend sounds even better! It is starting to feel like Spring!!!!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment