Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Where have I been???

SICK...that's what I have been up to:( I came down with a horrible cold on Thursday, just in time for the Easter weekend. I am just starting to turn the corner, thank goodness! We had a wonderful weekend with most of my family in town to celebrate Easter, we missed Nate. Friday afternoon mom, dad, Sean, and I hit the golf course...we braved the cool temps and high winds and had a nice time golfing. Friday night we stayed up late, catching up while we waited for Mitch and Carlyn to arrive. They finally strolled in around 2 a.m., what a long day it was for them. Saturday was such a nice day, the guys loaded some furniture for Mitch to take back to Iowa City, we had a nice lunch, and then the games began!!! We set up a little bags tourney after drawing teams...with much hesitation I write that mom and Sean were the champions...but not without a fight! Dad and I played them two close matches with identical scores of 21-20...can you imagine the competitiveness in this family! We managed to survive the afternoon with only a couple battles. Bryan and Carlyn came in 3rd and Mitch and Kate came in 4th or as some would say last place! (sorry guys) We had Easter dinner Saturday night, followed by some fun games. Sunday we attended Easter mass and had a nice brunch before everyone hit the road. It was such a fun filled weekend and I feel so blessed to have had everyone make the trip and share this Easter weekend with Sean and I in Kalamazoo, it is always so hard to see everyone go.
"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever."
Psalm 107:1

Bags Champions "Team Butt Kickers"



Mitch and Kate a little upset about getting beat out in the first round


On the baby front...I am approaching 17 weeks this Thursday and starting to feel the midsection expand. Our word around the house is "getting thicker" and that is exactly how I feel right now. I am not at the stage of looking pregnant to people but noticeably "thicker" in my eyes! Nate gave me a gift card to Motherhood Maternity and I have a feeling I might be needing it in the next few weeks...Thanks Nate! I felt a couple little twinges this morning for the first time, I think it was Baby Merrick's morning stretches!


Bump tracker 16 weeks 5 days...definitely getting a little "thicker" these days


Are these not the cutest little shoes you have ever seen? Aunt Kate bought these for Baby Merrick, they melt my heart! I have a feeling Baby Merrick is in for some major spoiling!!

Gifts from Uncle Bryan and Aunt Kate. Bryan did a lot of research and felt very strongly about Baby Merrick having this Sassy vented sleep positioner! Thank you so much...I hope it helps Baby Merrick sleep sound all night long!

Opening a few birthday gifts

2 comments:

  1. Sweet shoes Kate!! Little Merrick is gonna be a Hawkeye!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh, those shoes are adorable. Looks like a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete