Monday, June 27, 2011

Our weekend & 1st Bike Ride

How was every one's weekend? We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at home, even though the weather was not the greatest on Saturday and we were all a little under the weather at some point in time, (me being the worst) we found a lot to keep us busy and enjoy our time together. Friday afternoon the neighborhood kids seemed to congregate at our place, which I love! We have a few neighbor kids that are 10 years old that love to come and play with Luke, which allows me to get some things done around the yard. I ended visiting with several other neighbors while the kids all played until we all realized it was after 5:30 and we needed to start dinner for our families! I love those kinds of afternoons!
Saturday, although the weather turned icky and I felt about as good as the weather looked, Sean enjoyed an early morning round of golf while it was still nice out, and Luke & I ran to starbucks and the park! We enjoyed some outside park time before the rain settled in, just in time for us to take an afternoon nap:) :) Double smiley worthy!!! Saturday after Luke woke from his nap, we attended a friends birthday party, party galore it was! There were so many kids and they all played so well together. Luke had an absolute blast and so did we! We enjoyed visiting with friends and meeting some new folks too!
Sunday, the weather was picture perfect...let me tell you. If I had to order up a perfect summer day, it would be Sunday all over again! We played outside all morning, grilled some yummy turkey burgers and sweet potatoes and then nap time for Luke. Sean took off for another round of golf while Luke napped and I enjoyed the beauty of the day on the deck and finished my book, and got several other things done around the house. When Sean got home from golf I mentioned that I wanted to buy a tag along for our bikes. He looked at me kind of funny because we had talked about it, but decided we were going to wait until next Spring when we had two kiddos and I was no longer pregnant. The weather was giving me an itch to just go for a "peaceful" bike ride. So after Luke woke, we checked out a couple bike shops, found a tag along, and we were off! Our inaugural bike ride was a success! Luke enjoyed it greatly, although his helmet kept coming down over his eyes which made him very frustrated causing us to make a few adjustments. We went on a quick 4 mile loop, not testing our luck too much too soon. Aside from Luke not wanting to wear his helmet the whole time, he enjoyed riding his "bike"! I see a lot of evening "strolls" in our future!
I just love weekends like this and look forward to many more summer fun filled weekends ahead! I am off to North Dakota tomorrow and am glad to say this will be my last work trip in which I will be flying!!!! Sean heads out to New Jersey again Thursday, then we will be back together again for a long holiday weekend! You may find me icing in Luke's pool if the forecast holds true for a whopping 97 degrees! "Dear Lord, pregnant people like myself would appreciate a sunny, 75 degree day with no humidity and a gentle breeze!"


Luke sporking his muscle tee and new bike helmet
"check out my Spiderman helmet"

"ok mom, I am done with this thing...get it off my head!"


"mom, I am serious, I don't want this on"


"ok, now I am ready to go...Let's go Dad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment