We had a very busy Father's Day weekend, but an enjoyable one!!! Sean's cousin got married Saturday afternoon in Davenport, both Sean and Luke were in the wedding so lots of festivities on the agenda. Luke was a ring bearer with his cousin Connor (7 months older) and they did absolutely perfect! They were so stinkin cute, cooperated like champs for pictures, and truly enjoyed their walk, hand in hand, down the aisle. Mr. Social (Luke) was saying "hi" and trying to give his pillow out to all the guests. Once he made his way to me, I took him out of church and on our way out he was waving and say "bye-bye" to everyone, it was absolutely priceless. I didn't get a good picture of the boys because I was too focused on waving and coaxing them my way, otherwise I think Luke would have jumped in the church pew with someone! My mom came with us so she could help out watching the boys during the ceremony, then took Luke back home so Sean and I could enjoy the remainder of the wedding reception/dance. A big thank you to my mom for her help!!! We had a wonderful time celebrating the marriage of Brian and Rachel Gartner, and seeing family & friends.
Sunday we celebrated Fathers Day, and we enjoyed a very lazy, relaxing day...just what Sean ordered! My mom was staying with us, so she was kind enough to make us breakfast, we took Luke to the park while Sean took a little nap, then off to lunch. Sunday afternoon we relaxed while Luke took a nap and then enjoyed a bbq and our friends down the street. I have so much enjoyed watching Sean father Luke these past 21 months and love every minute of watching them play together. Luke adores his daddy and already shares so many of his passions. I can only imagine all the wonderful memories yet to be made between Sean and Luke.
I can't end this post without wishing my dad a Happy Fathers Day! While I didn't get to see him, as he was enjoying one of his past time favorites, a golf trip with some friends, there isn't a day that goes by that I do not thank the Lord for the blessing of my dad. He is one in a million and is truly a remarkable person, and friend to so many. I am abundantly blessed to have such an incredible dad, and so thankful for the father-in-law he is to Sean and grandpa (Bop) that he is to Luke. Thank you Dad for loving us unconditionally and always so supportive when we need it most.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment