Today our family is going in three different directions. I am off to Orlando for a work meeting until Saturday, Sean takes off for New Jersey for work tomorrow morning through Sunday, and the two boys...Luke & Gunner are at the farm! I took Luke up to my parents today so he could spend a few days at "camp Bop & Nana". As hard as it is for me to leave my sweet little boy, I don't think it was nearly as hard for him to say good-bye and blow me kisses. He was a happy little camper knowing he was at the farm with his Bop & Nana. This morning I was packing my suitcase, when Luke saw what I was doing he said "bye bye, Bop?". He has been wanting to go to the farm for days, so it was great to finally tell him, "yes, you are going to see Grandpa & Grandma". He went up to his room, into his closet and brought his bag down, of course empty, but the idea of him grabbing his bag just made me laugh. To top it off, he went and got his crocs and had one on, the wrong foot of course, and holding the other one asking for "belp". After we loaded up the car, he continuously said "Bop" over and over. I told Luke, "go nigh-nigh" and when you wake up we will be at Grandpa & Grandma's. Shortly into the drive he fell asleep and I was enjoying a very quiet drive, radio off, just the pure quietness, when out of the blue Luke yells "Bop!" This little guy doesn't forget a thing. It is so great to know that not only do my parents completely love having him for a few days, Luke is loving his time away from mommy & daddy. I just hope he misses us a little. A couple other funny Luke stories...last night the three of us were laying in our bed watching his nightly episode of Backyardigans. After his bath, we usually let Luke watch one episode of Backyardigans before we take him to his room for books and bed. One of the characters names is Pablo and he is usually the first to appear as they are opening up the show. He comes on and says "Hi, my name is Pablo!" Last night right when the show came on and the music started Luke yelled out "Pabo!" Sean and I died laughing. After the show was just about over, Luke knew it was coming to an end he started to sign for more. I told him we were all done, it was time to give daddy a kiss good night. He looked at Sean and said "moat, moat" is this strong Canadian accent, we realized he wanted the remote for more. My last funny story of Luke last night...Sean put him in time out for throwing his food at the dinner table. (constant battle at our house and we are open to ANY and ALL suggestions on how to break this!) I asked Sean to put him in time out because he usually sits better for him. Sean took him to the stairs, where we have him sit on the 2nd step. I was in our kitchen cleaning up from dinner and Sean walked away from the steps and was talking to me. All of a sudden Sean saw Luke peek around the corner of our dining room, he said to him sternly to get back in time out, Luke ran as fast as he could back to the step and sat there again. This continued to go on over and over, I was laughing so hard I was crying.
I know I keep saying how amazed we are at all the recent developments and new happenings each day. It is truly amazing to watch this little rambunctious 21 month grow and learn each day. We are so in love with him, he makes us laugh everyday, and brings pure joy to our everyday lives. We do have our moments which make us question our parenting and searching for advice, but its all about him learning, even if its learning how to push mom and dad's buttons!
No comments:
Post a Comment