Tuesday, June 14, 2011

a little of this...a little of that

Luke's first day of school June 13, 2011
Luke all ready for Ms. A's
We started Luke in a structured playschool one day a week that began yesterday. He will be going one morning a week during the summer and will transition to two mornings a week this Fall. We thought it would be good to get him acclimated prior the the baby's arrival in September. To say I was a bit nervous is an understatement. Luke has become a very early riser these past couple of weeks and when I say early I mean 430-500 a.m. Which means, he has been in need of a nap by 8! So I prayed all night Sunday that he would sleep good and be well rested for a full morning of fun and learning! Well, that didn't happen, but as it turned out, he was such a good boy at school and enjoyed it greatly. When I dropped him off he dove right in to all the activities she had set up and started saying "bye-bye" and blew me kisses. I took that as my cue to get out of there before he changed his mind. Every time my phone rang, I would get anxious that it was Ms. A calling to tell me Luke was having a major meltdown. Pick up time was 1130 and when I arrived he was having the time of his life with a group of kids. I asked how he did she said "he is one curious, busy boy!" Of course we know that! She said around 1030 he started saying mama and pointed to the stairs, but no tears. When it was time to go, he didn't want to leave, we literally left kicking and screaming. I take that as...he had a great time! I am so thankful for his outgoing, social personality that allows him to be so independent at times:)


This is what I returned home to after church last Sunday


As I mentioned earlier, Luke has been an early riser, therefore resulting in an early morning nap. So when I left for church last Sunday the two boys were playing in the toy room. Luke saw me pull out of the driveway from his toy room window and had a massive meltdown so Sean sidetracked him by taking him out back to the swing...the rest is history! Luke took a nice long hour nap in his swing while Sean listened to a little Dave Matthews Band on his iphone!


27 1/2 weeks...welcome 3rd trimester! My waistline no longer exists and I feel this baby growing daily! I had my 28 week appointment today and baby is measuring right on target, heartbeat 144, and moving like a little jumping bean! Baby should be around 2 lbs and 14 inches long. I am happy to share that I passed my glucose screen so no more fruity orange drink for me! I am feeling good, aside from some aches and pains but that is to be expected. Last week during my travel to Orlando, I was extremely uncomfortable with all the sitting and little time for any sort of activity, but have started feeling much better now that I am back chasing after my busy little Luke. The weather has been great and I can actually enjoy being outside, so I pray that it continues to be mild. This baby is still highly favoring my right side, specifically under my ribs, which is not pleasant while I sit. It is hard to believe we are on the homestretch and this little one will be here in three very short months! We cannot wait for this Sweet Baby to join our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment