Monday, June 6, 2011

Luke's toy room

Well, it is a whopping 95 degrees with a heat index of 102 today! Typical Midwestern summer day, well not exactly summer yet, but day in June! I'm hoping this isn't any indication of what this summer will be like or this lady will not be leaving the AC:) Two summers ago when I was pregnant with Luke we had a week of very hot and humid temps for Western Michigan, in the high 90s, for a couple of weeks early in June then it subsided to a very pleasant, mild summer! i am hoping the same goes for this summer. Luke is enjoying his monkey pool and sand table, along with running crazy with all the neighbor kids. I find myself easily winded as I run after him, but its worth it!
A couple of weeks ago while Sean was out of town my parents came down to help me hang all our pictures and artwork around the house. I had been meaning to get the alphabet up in Luke's toy room and am happy to say it is finally complete. I bought all the wooden letters at Hobby Lobby and painted them in primary colors to line one of the walls in his toy room. Next on my list are numbers 1-10, and shapes! Let's hope it doesn't take me 6 months to get this completed:) Luke loves to point to his letters and sing the alphabet...at least he is trying! Luke is talking more and more each day and we now have to watch what comes out of our mouths very closely because he will repeat! We are certainly enjoying each and every new milestone, and working very patiently on managing his temperament!





No comments:

Post a Comment