As I sit in the Minneapolis airport, anxiously awaiting my flight to LaCrosse, WI so I can get in my car and get to Waukon to see my sweet little Luke, and furry child Gunner, I can't help but be reminded of how thankful I am for such a loving and supportive family. I am blessed. It truly takes a lot of coordination, patience, and support from my family to allow me to work outside of the home and help take care of Luke. Maybe I don't say it often enough...maybe I don't say it at all, but Thank you to my sweet family and great friends for being so supportive and understanding, as sometimes the demands of our work can get us sideways and it is always the ones we love the most that sometimes get the backseat.
Last night in Orlando, we had our awards ceremony for the top performers of fiscal year 2011 that we closed April 29th. Something my company did that they have never done before was truly amazing and brings tears to my eyes as I sit here and think about the thoughtfulness that went into this big surprise!!! Every year we recognize the top sales representative and district sales manager within our organization, which is one of the biggest accomplishments you can receive during your career. First they announced the District Sales Manager of the Year, after she took the stage and to receive her award they asked her to turn around at the screen that lined the back wall. They played a video of her sweet little five year old boy and her husband congratulating her and telling her how proud they were of what she has accomplished. It brought tears to my eyes to see how proud her family was of her, but most importantly because that award belonged to them too. Next up was the Sales Representative of the Year, after he made his way to stage, they asked him to turn around and look at the screen. Out walked his wife, three young kids, and his parents carrying a large bouquet of balloons...I don't believe there was a dry eye in the room. This young gentleman spoke to our sales force and pointed to his family...this is why I work! As he stood on stage with his family, his five year old little boy gave him a pat on the back, his dad gave him a kiss on the cheek and told him how proud he was. He accepted the award on behalf of his family because without their support and patience he couldn't accomplish the success that he has. As I sat with my team of guys and girls, we all wiped tears from our eyes, some more than others (I promise it was hormonal!), I made sure to remind them all this morning...thank your families! So, THANK YOU to my family and my friends. I am blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment