Monday, April 11, 2011

M-O-N-K-E-Y

So, I need to document this for our Monkey Boy to read this one day and laugh, just like Sean and I did on Saturday. It happened...Luke crawled out of his crib on Saturday during his afternoon nap. He has never tried or attempted so it didn't cross my mind that it was about to happen. I did the usual, read Luke his books, turned out the light, and laid him in bed and sang a little to him. He laid very comfortable in his crib holding snuggles in one hand and his monkey in the other. I brought the monitor in the bathroom with me while I was going to shower. About five minutes later I heard him scream. I quickly got out of the shower to run upstairs because I thought his foot got stuck in the crib. Much to my surprise Luke was standing at the bottom of the stairs!!! I sternly told him to get back upstairs and what he did was very bad, all the while trying to hide my smirk and do everything I could from laughing. Just then, Sean peaked his head around the corner, he had just come in the from the garage. He had to walk back out to keep Luke from seeing him laugh. So for the next 20 minutes I watched Luke from a crack in his door as he continued to try and climb out. Each time he would get his leg up, I would open the door and say lay down, and he would fall to his mattress and lay down, this went on for a good 10 minutes. Just when I thought he was asleep, I went back downstairs to finish getting ready. I was in our bathroom and all of a sudden heard footsteps on the hardwood floor. I walked out and sure enough, Luke was just heading down to the basement to see "Nunner"! aka Gunner! This time Sean marched him back upstairs. Sean watched to make sure he was laying back down, he left and by the time Sean got to the bottom of the stairs Luke was right behind him...he had it down to a science. Needless to say, we turned the crib around Saturday so the high backside was facing out. Sunday, we took out the spring and put his mattress directly on the floor within the crib. He gets pretty upset now because he tries to lift his leg and swing it over but he just isn't quite tall enough. Luke is growing like a weed these days so I am sure it won't be long before he is crawling out again...which will lead us to the toddler bed whether mom and dad are ready for it or not! I found myself laughing out loud today as I drove down the interstate just thinking of his face when I caught him the first time...he knew he did something he wasn't suppose to and it was priceless. It took everything I had to not laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment