Monday, April 18, 2011

Big Boy Potty

Luke is getting acclimated to sitting on his "big boy" potty. Here, he demands that we set it on the chair in his room so he can "read books". Nice! I promise he has NOT gone in his potty ON the recliner:)


BUT....Luke did go potty in the "big" potty three times!!!!!! Luke had a major milestone this weekend at Grandpa and Grandma's house this weekend with Daddy! We were at my parents for the weekend to celebrate Easter with my extended Einck Family. Saturday afternoon, Sean was changing his diaper and asked him if he wanted to go potty. He ran naked into the bathroom so Sean put in him on the "big" potty and sure as heck, he went!!! He thought it was so cool watching himself go potty. He repeated this again on Saturday night before he got his PJ's on. So this morning we were playing in his toy room before Miss Judi arrived and he started pulling at his diaper, I asked him if he had to go potty and he shook his head yes and ran into his bathroom. We took his pj's and 'dry' diaper off and he sat on his potty and went! I gave him a big high five and let him go pick out a treat for going on his big potty!

I am so proud of our little guy for showing interest in going on his big boy potty. We have been letting him sit on his potty for a few weeks to read books and just get comfortable sitting on it. I knew that when he eventually went he would think it was pretty cool, because whenever he had accidents with his diaper off he would always laugh and think it was so cool watching himself go potty! I imagine this is going to be a very patient process, which I am absolutely ready for. I do not want to push him or pressure him in anyway, so we just ask him and if he sits and doesn't go, that's ok, and when he does go...he gets a lot of praise and a treat! If anyone has any suggestions on potty training, I am open because I have heard boys are harder and it takes them longer. I have also heard they show interest about this age and then totally divert, therefore I have not set any expectations whatsoever! We are just enjoying all these little milestones as our Sweet Little Luke grows up WAY TOO FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment