We attempted to take the fishing boat out on Tuesday late afternoon after it had been in storage at my parents farm for two years. The boat started successfully, the rest of the adventure was nothing less than hectic. I hate to admit it, but taking a 19 month old out on a fishing boat, was pure chaos. It was an absolute gorgeous night so we thought, what the heck, let's give it a shot. I was actually thinking, my pregnancy brain did in fact let me make a sound decision, and decided to follow Sean out to the boat launch just in case Luke and I needed to leave. To sum up the 25 minutes on the boat...Luke would have gone overboard numerous times if we would have let him, this kid has NO fear! He kept going up the edge of the boat pointing at the water saying "bish"! Then he would lay on the floor and hang over the side to try and touch the water. So, will we take Luke out again? Yes, but not for Sean to fish, only for a joyride around the beautiful Lake McBride. This busy boy needs all hands on deck to keep him in the boat. I will add, that Luke thoroughly enjoyed his first adventure out on the boat. He loved to drive the boat with daddy, played with the fishing poles, and looked for fish. In the end, that is all that matters, the fact that Luke found pure joy in the adventure, completely out ways the fact this his mom was a complete nervous wreck. For some strange reason, I thought Luke would be afraid of the water, but he proved to me very early on in the evening he was not when he almost jumped off the dock as we waited for Sean to pick us up!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment