Friday I celebrated another blessed year filled with great blessings and an abundant amount of joy!! I decided to take the day off of work and spend it with my sweet Little Luke. Unfortunately, Sean could not join us because he was out of town all week, returning late Thursday evening, and had a lot of catching up to do. We have somewhat started a little birthday tradition, in which we enjoy a "family breakfast" and then we open birthday gifts and cards first thing in the a.m, so don't mind the bed head, pajamas, and no make-up!!! After breakfast and gifts, Luke and I headed to the gym to catch a workout. Luke enjoys going to the gym daycare, but he doesn't like to stay real long and usually misses me after 30-45 minutes or so! After the gym we came home so he could take a little nap and I could shower and get ready. We had a little lunch at home before we took off for the Children's Museum. We spent the majority of our time running for center to center, and soon Luke found his way to the door and pointed that he wanted to go see the "buck". So off the Scheel's we went. This kid is obsessed with the animal mounts in the Scheel's hunting area. So we made our way through Scheel's looking at all the animals, fish, and then he found the basketballs. Luke was in heaven!!! After Scheel's we headed home for an afternoon nap, for Luke and mommy!!!! We ended the day with a family dinner, with our good friends Robin & Ryan joining us at Mickey's Irish Pub downtown, my pick, because I remember loving their fish n chip specials during lent. I have to admit, the fish was not that great, but you can't go wrong with Mickey's french fries. We couldn't go home without stopping by Dairy Queen for a little DQ birthday treat! My boys spoiled me, and I received so many wonderful cards from family and friends. As I read through the cards, it got me thinking about birthdays we celebrate as kids and how excited I would get to bring "birthday treats" to school and have a big ole' birthday party with my girlfriends that always ended with a slumber party in which mom and dad let us stay up extra late. It also brought to my mind, just exactly what a birthday means to me...the amount of thanks I have for all the blessings and great joys that have occurred in the last 365 days, and the excitement of what the next 365 days will bring. Sean and I got talking about milestones in the past six years...bare with me...but its not too often that major milestones occur every year. 2005 I met my love, 2006 Sean proposed, 2007 Sean and I were married, 2008 we moved to Kalamazoo, MI and bought our first home together, 2009 we were blessed with the joy of our Sweet Little Luke, 2010 we built our new home together, and in 2011 we have the excitement of Baby Love #2 joining our family! I have been greatly blessed and for that I am oh-so thankful! Thank you all for the kind wishes as I celebrated another joy filled year!
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment