Wednesday, December 30, 2009

loving being lazy with Luke

It has been a great few days just hanging out with Luke and being lazy! We have "Luke's ciruit station" set up in our living room with all his new toys! We are still working on a "nap schedule", although he is napping so well, the times are just inconsistent, depending on what time he decides to start his day. This morning he surprised us both and slept until 7:30 a.m!!! YAY!
He has started to put everything in his mouth, his fist, my hair, my fingers, you name it...it goes to the mouth! You can hear him sucking on his fist from my a mile away. He started recognizing himself in the mirror a couple of weeks ago, but now he finds humor in himself! It is so cute, he will look at himself, laugh, and turn away then look back at himself and do it all over again...he is growing up right before my eyes!
On a different note...can you tell I am totally in love with this little boy! Sean and I will sit and just stare at him, reminding ourselves how blessed we are by our cute, sweet little Luke. Okay...on a different note...Santa brought me a Pilates reformer machine!!! I started doing Pilates last November at our Athletic Club in Kalamazoo (I miss Kalamazoo) and I absolutely fell in love with it. I continued doing it up until I was 15 weeks pregnant, I felt so good doing it. So I gave myself a jump start to "2010 get body back"! I started working out on my Pilates machine last night! I am loving it and made commitment to myself to do it at least 3 times a week. I was feeling very motivated and ordered a Kettle bell and videos, so my plan is to do those on my "off Pilates" days. I have always enjoyed working out and love how it makes me feel. I don't want to lose sight of that, however I have found it to be more challenging to find the time, so I am hoping that these two workouts will keep me feeling good and get me back into shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment