Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Shopping

Today Luke and I went shopping in LaCrosse, WI with my mom. We had a very successful, yet exhausting day and Luke was an absolute champ! He got lots of attention and Grandma got to show him off to quite a few friends we ran into. We started our day shopping at 10:30 and concluded at 5pm, with just a quick stop for a sandwich and back at it. Luke enjoyed every minute of the shopping excursion except the last 20 minutes on the drive home, he was hungry! He laid in his bassinet stroller, kicking and smiling away, while all the shoppers adored him.
I still have a few people on my list to shop for but put a major dent in the shopping today. I may revert to online shopping for the remainder of the gifts. Shopping is a lot of work...I now know what "shop til you drop" feels like. I never remember it being this exhausting, but then again I have never shopped with a three month old either!
While the girls and Luke shopped, Sean and my dad stayed back at "deer camp"! It was open shot gun season today in Iowa. I have to laugh...pretty plush "deer camp" these two have!
They were successful today with one, but will be back out tomorrow as well.
Tomorrow is "wrapping day"! Let the Christmas music sound and go to town wrapping all the gifts we bought today. It is beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas and I love it, this is my favorite time of year. This year it is so much more meaningful and special to share it with our little Luke!
I survived my first week back at work. I am hopeful that every week will get a little better. I definitely struggled this week and didn't want to put Luke down all night long! He is getting so fun. He is smiling a ton and loves to lay, kick his feet, and squeal. We have discovered he LOVES Grandma & Grandpa's fireplace.
I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment