(this was taken from my phone this a.m...sorry for the quality but I couldn't resist)
It's been a few days since I have had a chance to blog...I returned to work this week and am finding time to blog is hard to come by. Every chance I have when I am not catching up on a thousand emails, I want to spend with my boys! Do you blame me? This week has been a very challenging week for me returning to work. I knew it would be hard, but didn't realize just how much I enjoyed spending all day long with our little Luke! I feel like I miss so much that when I have the chance to be with him, I don't want to put him down. He is smiling SO much lately, the biggest, cheesiest grin ever and it just melts our hearts. He has started smiling in response to both Sean and my voices, which just makes me want to cry! This little guy knows his mommy and daddy and we couldn't be more proud. Tonight we went on a family outing! Sean and I decided to get out of the house for dinner and Luke was an absolute pleasure. About a month ago, there is no way we would have ventured out at 5:30 for dinner...that was his fussy time. He was so content and loved ALL the attention he got from every person that passed by.
He has been consistently sleeping from 9pm-5-6am, with the exception of last night...I felt like his newborn days...midnight, 3 am, 430am, 6am...come on Luke! So let's cross our fingers that it was just a rough night and he gets back on schedule!
I can't believe today is only Wednesday! Why is it that while I was on maternity leave my days and weeks seemed to fly like no other! I am hopeful that with each day it will get easier for me and the adjustment will start to feel more right.
So I will say in advance that my blogging will probably be cut back, as much as I love doing it and want to keep a great record of our growing family to look back on down the road and follow our daily happenings, I just need to spend time with my boys and love on my little Luke so much because I miss him when I can't be with him.

he looks huge!!!! What are you feeding that boy????
ReplyDelete