Today Sean took Gunner to Iowa State Veterinary Medicine to look at his knee. Gunner has been battling a bum knee for the past couple of years and it has completely disabled him over the past few months. He has a torn ACL and we have opted for him to have surgery. It was an easy decision for us to make, but it wasn't easy for Sean to leave him there. Luke and I said good-bye to Gunner this morning, and Sean took him for his appointment. He has to stay there tonight and his surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. They want to keep him all weekend for observation...I miss him already! The good news is...he will be able to run with Luke next Fall and hunt with Sean. For the next three months he is only able to leash walk very short distances and we will need to be very careful with the ice this winter.
For those of you who know me REALLY well, know that prior to meeting Sean I was NOT a dog lover! I have completely fallen in love with Gunner and love him more than I ever thought possible. He is the best companion. My heart aches for him right now because he is probably wondering "what are you guys doing to me? First you bring this baby home that cries a lot, you don't play with me like you use to, you move me to this tiny house with NO backyard, and when I go to the farm, you won't let me play outside?" Poor Gunner! I miss him so much and hope this weekend goes by really fast so he can be home with us soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment