
This precious little boy has changed my life! I have spent every waking minute with him the past 11 weeks, next Monday I return to work and I am going to miss our little Luke more than ever! Now, granted returning to work for me will be going to our home office in our basement for the first few days, but bare with me...it will still be so hard to not be upstairs with him knowing that he is just right there. The good news, I can sneak a visit every now and then when I am really missing him. Luke has become such a happy baby for us and he just melts our hearts. This morning Sean went into his room at 8:30 and he was just laying in his crib, content as can be, just a
smilin away! Last night we put him down at 9:00 and he slept until 5 a.m...in my book that is sleeping through the night! If he continues to sleep like a
rockstar, it will work out great when I go back to work cause I can feed him, put him back down, and start my day!
This weekend Luke had lots of visitors, his Grandpa Merrick stopped by to visit him on his way to Des
Moines Friday, Saturday he met the
Kettmann Family (Chris, Julie, Evan & Gavin), Heath & Alicia Christians came to watch the Iowa game with us, and Kate & Nate Guess stopped in after the game was over! Sunday he saw his Grandpa & Grandma
Einck, Uncle Mitch, Uncle Bryan & Aunt Kate, and Russ and Mary Jo Meyer (my parents good friends) We had a house full of
visitors this weekend and Luke loves it!
Friday night Luke met a new babysitter, Christine. Sean and I went out to the Children's
Museum Gala, a formal fundraiser for our local
museum. We had a great time getting all dressed up (
ok, I had a nice time getting all dressed up, it's been awhile!). We enjoyed the evening with great friends, good food, and several cocktails! Thank you to my friend Carly for inviting us, it was so fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment