It's been such a great weekend! This is actually the first full weekend I have been in Iowa City since February!!! Do you think we lead a busy lifestyle?!?! Friday night we celebrated one of my dear friends, Carly, 30th birthdays. I took her to the spa late Friday afternoon to for a little girls retreat, then we surprised her with a party downtown Iowa City, which was a blast! Sean and I didn't make it home until almost 2 am...which we are still paying for, but we have to do those things every once and awhile. My mom came down Friday night to stay with Luke so she was kind enough to let us sleep in on Saturday morning. No rest for the weary...Sean was back at it as he headed to Galena for my brother Bryan's bachelor party! While Sean and the rest of the gang celebrated one of Bryan's last few weekends as a bachelor, mom, Luke, and I did a little Spring shopping at the outlet mall in Williamsburg. We got a few things for Luke, but we didn't do too much damage, Sean will be thankful!
It is a beautiful Sunday...Luke, Gunner, and I went for a long walk and it felt so good. The air was cool, brisk, and the sun was shining...great way to start off a Sunday morning. Sean returned home from the party just before noon and all my boys are taking naps...the house is quiet! I am going to do my pilates workout and hope that after the boys are well rested we can hang out this afternoon and attend church this evening. When I was in college here I attended the Newman Catholic Center and they hold a Sunday evening mass, which was very convenient as a college student who didn't want to get up early Sunday morning, so we will take advantage of that schedule this weekend.
We have a busy week ahead of us...as usual, but then for the first time in months our family will be home together ALL weekend! What a great way to spend my first true Mother's day weekend. Last year, Sean still spoiled me as I was "due" to be a mother!
Less than four weeks away until my brother Bryan and his fiance Kate get married in Chicago...it seems so long ago since they got engaged, but then again...it feels like the time is flying by.
I hope you all have a great Sunday and wonderful week ahead. It sound like we will be getting lots of rain showers this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment