Friday, May 21, 2010

PRAY.PRAY.PRAY

URGENT: All prayers are needed this morning for the Ricketts Family and their sweet little boy Ben!!! Today is a very important day for this little boy. Below is the most recent post from his dad on their caring bridge sight. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/benjaminricketts

Please view this sight and keep this family in your prayers. As a new parent, I can't imagine what they are experiencing. I pray for healing over Ben, signs of improvement, move those little fingers and toes sweet little Ben. I pray for strength and comfort for Ben's parents, Dave and Steph. Raise them up in prayer and give them the strength they need to get through these difficult days. Let them feel your presence in the room today during Ben's neurological exam and MRI scan Dear Lord!

(from their caring bridge sight)
Dear Friends, Im up kind of late tonight trying to catch up on all the guestbook postes from where I left off last. Needless to say it took me a while, but it was well worth it. Every single message means so much to us. So thank you. Ben has a big day again tomorrow (or today I should say it's 1 am). He's got another neuro test in the morning probably and an MRI in the afternoon. We need to see progress in the neuro test (i.e. more responses to different tests or stronger reactions to tests he has already responded to) and signs of healing in his MRI or at the very least no more damaged areas showing up. These are things we all need to pray hard for today. So if you are getting up and read this PRAY! If you're getting work and are reading this (naughty) PRAY! Tell others to PRAY! PRAY! PRAY! Cry out to God for healing over Bean's body. (Grandpa Huff and I like to call him Bean) I was praying over him tonight, while his beautiful mother laid asleep beside him, pintching his leg, squeezing his fingers, even rubbing my gruffy chin on his chest (something that used to make him laugh) anything to get a response. My own little neuro test. When I unfortunately realized I have no control in this. And though I was saddened by that I was quickly reminded that God is still at work. And then I thought of myself at work and how irritated I get when people are looking over my shoulder pressuring me to go a little faster or telling me I'm not doing it right, and I began to wonder if that is how God feels sometimes. We want Him to go at our speed but it is His speed that matters. I was telling Kristi McCrary tonight that it took God nine months to make a perfect little boy named Ben and another two years to make him what he is today. I mean Ive had projects at work last nine months and then some but those are buildings not a perfect human being. How fair is it for me or the doctors to rush Him while He works. I now say take Your time God, not mine. Although I do ask to see SOME progress! :) I would also like you all to pray for Steph and I, and our walk in all this. The nightmare that is our life right now can become unbearable at times and we need your prayers. Pray for our strength to take each day as it comes and to accept the results of the day for what they are. To be able to take those results (good or bad) and lean them on the Lord. Also pray for our other children (Gabe, Eli, and Elizabeth) who unfortunately do not get to see their brother Ben right now; or their parents much for that matter. We just ask that Jesus holds them in his hands as well and protect them from their own thoughts during all this. I should really get some sleep but I would be remissed to mention that God is working in hearts out there. Hearts that may not have been touched before, but are being touched now. You know who you are and I ask that you run to Him and let him hold you because He loves to hold his children. Just like Steph and I do.Love You All,Dave Ricketts

No comments:

Post a Comment