Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nursing

Well...the time has come when I have decided to stop nursing Luke. My immediate goal while I was pregnant was to nurse Luke until he was six months old. I had a lot of anxiety about nursing, I wanted to make sure I could nurse him in the worst way and I heard so many stories about women who it just didn't work. I had no problems and when Luke turned 6 months old, I wasn't ready to stop. I told myself I wanted to get to May, and that I did! Last week, a few days after Luke turned eight months old, I decided it was time to stop.
When Luke was first born, I wasn't sure how long I would be able to do it, six months seemed like such a long time, and I wasn't really enjoying the commitment and lack of flexibility I had while nursing. As each day passed I began to enjoy that time with Luke so much more, it was "our time"! What I never thought I would say was, I enjoyed our late night/early morning feedings. I truly enjoyed the quiet, dime lit house, and my time with Luke...priceless moments, amazing bond...our time!
As with everything in life, we grow & change! I felt ready to stop nursing and new that I had to be completely ready when the time came or I wouldn't feel peace with it. My bond with Luke is undeniably so amazing and I will treasure those quiet moments with him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment