We had an amazingly wonderful trip to California visiting Nate. He showed us around his local area, Walnut Creek, the city of San Francisco, and the one and only wine country. The weather was absolutely beautiful our entire trip. I am still amazed by the temperature difference in San Francisco and the East Bay area where Nate lives. It was mostly in the 90s in the East Bay area and Napa/Sonoma, however going into the city I bet it was much closer to 65 degrees.
We were so glad we got to visit Nate's city prior to Baby Merrick arriving, and if it is any testament to just how wonderful Napa and Sonoma are, I had the best time Saturday even though I couldn't taste any wine and was the driver of three individuals that tasted LOTS and LOTS of wine!!! It was such a fun day. Debbie flew in from Seattle on Friday night as well, so it was so great seeing her again and spending the weekend with the two of them.
The four of us starting off our day in South Sonoma Valley
Sean enjoying a glass of wine, while Nate learns more about Del Dotto (Napa Valley)
Enjoying a little picnic at B.R. Cohn in South Sonoma Valley...wine, cheese, crackers, and lots of laughs!
One of my best highlights of the day!
Nate & Debbie tasting wine at Del Dotto...I watched with great envy!
Sean, Nate, & Debbie
Sean and I at Del Dotto
Nate & Debbie at Kunde (North Sonoma Valley)
On the Baby front...I am sparing you from any bare bump tracker shots from here on out. Baby Merrick has had a major growth spurt these last couple of weeks and is moving more than ever. I am starting to see a pattern in the most active times of the day so I find myself really looking forward to it. I will say that I do not think Baby Love liked to fly...I don't think the baby stopped moving the entire flight, which just makes me laugh at all the little and not so little movements. I am pretty sure the lady sitting next to me thought I was losing my mind. When I got off the plane Sean noticed I was a little lob sided...Baby Love was all curled up pretty high on my right side and was harder than a rock. I have an appointment and ultrasound this Friday to check on the progress of Baby Loves growth, let's hope that this little one is right on track. Otherwise I have been feeling really well. Gunner and I have been taking lots of walks and really enjoying the great Spring weather.
Bump Tracker week 21
Baby Merrick even enjoyed Napa Valley
I can't finish this post without adding that we have the best friends and neighbors possible. Our good friends, The Eliuk's, watched Gunner while we were gone for four days. Their three little kids, Blake, Madison, and Caitlyn, love playing with Gunner in our basement, upstairs, and backyard. The even got to play hide and seek upstairs in the "Baby's room"! They just found out that we are going to have a baby and they can't wait to watch the Baby too. So the funny party...when we got home late last night I was expecting to find Gunner on his bed laying in the living room like he every other day of the year. Well, when I walked in last night, excited as all get out to see him...he wasn't laying in his bed. I checked the kitchen, our bedroom, still no Gunner. I could hear his collar tags upstairs so I walked up there and he was laying outside the Baby's room!!! NEVER EVER has he gone upstairs on his own...which is why I find it absolutely crazy that he was up there!
No comments:
Post a Comment