Monday, October 24, 2011

Sneak peek

We have been enjoying some gorgeous weather! It was a bit cold and windy last week, but the weekend turned gorgeous! We had some great friends in town this weekend to visit and enjoy Iowa's homecoming tailgate and game. The Darnell's and Irby's are great friends of ours that Sean went to high school with. It was their first time enjoying Iowa Football at Kinnick.
What's going on with the boys? Unfortunately Luke has come down with a horrible cough and cold. He has been battling a runny nose for over a week and it turned into a pretty rough cough yesterday. I kept him home from Ms. A's today's and we had a pretty low key day around the house. I did find sometime to get out an get a quick run in...yes, you read that right...I went for a run!!! ha! I have found my time is limited to get in a long workout so I started hitting the pavement last week.
Ben has been such a little sweet heart these past few days, well, he is a total sweetheart! The past couple of weeks he has been wanting to be held 24-7, as long as he was being held he was happy has a clam. Today he started taking naps in his crib, yay! Ben slept for an hour in his crib this morning for me, which was huge because I have been wearing him in the bjorn just to get him to sleep longer than 10 minutes. He still likes to be held, don't get me wrong, but we are taking baby steps, literally! He is a champ sleeper at night, going down around 730 p.m sleeping until 3 a.m and then up at 7 a.m. But for some reason, this boy doesn't like to sleep for long periods of time during the day unless he is being held. He is growing like a weed, outgrowing almost all of his newborn onesies and pj's. I have tried so hard to catch his adorable smile on camera but I keep missing it. He is smiling more and more each day and getting more vocal. He wants to be heard in this noisy house of ours too! His favorite thing to do is lay on the living room floor, look at the ceiling fan, and kick his feet like crazy. He is a strong little guy, holding his head up more and more, and he loves to stand up on my lap. We are really enjoying watching Luke interact more and more with Ben, it is so sweet to hear Luke say "Hi Ben!" Today Luke brought down two footballs from his toy room, one for him and one for Ben, how cute is that?! I told him one day Ben will wrestle and play football with you and he said "Oh boy!"
Below are a few pictures from our photo session with Auny Pole, www.aunypolephotography.com. She previewed a few pictures on her blog: aunypolephotography.blogspot.com and I can't wait to see the rest from our session last month! We took some family pictures, newborn of Ben, and Luke's two year pictures. She is so talented and really captures "in the moment" photos, which I love!
We are heading up to my parents this week for a few days to enjoy the beautiful Fall and harvest time. Luke is pretty excited to see his Bop and Nannie at the "Barn"! If he is lucky enough, he might get to ride with Bop in the combine while he picks corn.

Our sweet boys
Adoring our precious little Ben

Mr. B flashing a smile! (as good as I could catch on my phone)


No comments:

Post a Comment