
Luke has really started playing so much more on his own. He plays with his tractors and farm endlessly, it is the one thing that keeps his attention and he is not running from thing to thing, he stays very engaged playing farm! Here he is playing with "Bop".

This afternoon Luke and I played tractors and he was very specific about what tractors I could drive and he had to load "stuff" in my wagon. I put a couple of blocks in the back of my wagon and he said "no mommy, dis" and he handed me a pig! I guess he wanted me to haul a pig to the barn!

Having some afternoon fun! Normally we spend our afternoon outside after Luke gets up from his nap, but today was a bit chilly and windy to be outside. It is really starting to feel like Fall.

Ben, snug as a bug, as we ran a few errands! He does not like his car seat very much so this was a milestone to actually have him sleep in it. He cried a little when we left the house today but after a few minutes he tuckered out.

I took this of Luke last Sunday afternoon. Sean was gone so I let Luke hop into my bed to watch Toy Story while I fed Ben. Luke snuggled up next to me and within just a few minutes I could hear him breathing real deep. Much to my surprise he was cashed out. I let him stay sleeping in our bed, Ben and I even took a little snooze. Luke must have loved our bed because he took almost a four hour nap! WOW! It was such a great lazy Sunday afternoon:)

Happy Birthday to my older brother Nate!!! We miss you lots but always cherish the times we spend with you! Nate and I are 18 months apart and I know we weren't always the best of friends, but we have some great childhood memories, he was always there for me as I adjusted to college life in Iowa City and I look up to him SO much, I can only hope for Luke and Ben to be the best of friends when they get older.

We celebrated Miss Judi's birthday last Thursday!!! She is such a blessing our family, we can't even explain how wonderful she is and how fortunate we are to have her love our boys with all her heart! Luke and I made cupcakes for Miss Judi's birthday...together they enjoyed a little birthday treat!

Last Saturday our dear friends, The Guess Family, made a trip down from Cedar Falls to visit us and meet little Ben. They brought us a delicious lunch that we enjoyed together, and as always, wonderful conversation! Thank you Nate, Kate, and Harper for your wonderful visit!

Harper turned 1 year old in August and just loved the bounce house, not one ounce of intimidation!

Luke & Harper having fun jumping!

The other morning I was snapping a few pictures of Ben and Luke hollared from the kitchen table, "mom, me cheese" So when I walked over and asked if he wanted his picture he whined "no" and gave me this little look! He is such a ham...pretending he did not want his picture taken.

Ben enjoying some morning tummy time. Ben doesn't get as much time on the floor because of his wild big brother always running crazy through the house. So while Luke ate his breakfast I put Ben on the floor to enjoy spending sometime on his tummy. At 6 weeks old Ben can hold his head up really well and when he is on his tummy he does a half roll over. He is such a strong little boy. Ben also started smiling this week. Sunday night Luke and I were talking to Ben and Luke made me laugh, so we both were laughing and Ben started smiling, it melted my heart! I forgot how wonderful that first true smile means. He has been showing us that sweet smile throughout the week, but I haven't been able to catch it on camera yet!

Ben working on holding his head up!
No comments:
Post a Comment