This morning Luke had a Halloween party at Ms. A's, and I wasn't sure how the whole costume thing was going to go. I started prepping him the minute he woke up. Thank goodness I had a back up costume on hand, because this morning Luke decided he didn't want to be Buzz any longer. Leading up to Halloween we kept asking Luke what he wanted to be, Buzz, Mickey Mouse, Lion, Cow, Horse, and the list goes on and on. His response "nope". So I went ahead and ordered a Lion costume. Well, last weekend when family started asking, he said "Buzz". Do in a mad dash I went and ordered a Buzz costume. We tried the whole week to get Luke to wear it and he wouldn't. I made the mistake of putting Buzz's wings on and pretended to fly around the house, thinking that would encourage him to do the same. Nope, he would run to the closet and insist I put on Buzz's wings. That is as far as they made it. So this morning, he was all excited to scare daddy...so he agreed to put on his Lion costume, and stayed in it all morning! He had so much fun at school today, and even more fun tonight running through the neighborhood with his friends. He wasn't so much into grabbing candy, he just liked to run down the sidewalk keeping up with the kids. Don't get me wrong, he got his fair share of candy!
We weren't quite sure how we were going to enjoy Luke trick or treating, and hand out candy at the same time. We left a bucket out on the front porch and thought for sure we would be back within a half hour, but much to our surprise Luke had so much fun we stayed out for an hour. When we got home, I put Ben to bed while Luke and Sean handed at candy to the rest of the kiddos. It was a gorgeous night! Sean and I had so much fun watching Luke this year. It was so nice to walk throughout the neighborhood, seeing so many families out with there kids having much fun together, and it was a great social outing for the adults, there were a few houses that had "kid baskets" and "adult baskets" handing out cold beers and glasses of red wine! We feel so blessed by all the wonderful neighbors!
My two animals...the cutest Lion and Monkey on the block!
Sweet Little Monkey! Ben enjoyed his first Halloween snug as a bug in his warm monkey suit, snuggled up to mom in the Bjorn!
Roooaaaarrrr! Our cute little Lion, with the sweetest little Roar!







No comments:
Post a Comment