Where has the last month gone! I have to say I was not expecting Ben to hit his ONE month birthday so quickly, my friend Kelle actually brought it up during an early morning phone call this morning. It seems like yesterday we were blessed by Ben's arrival. Our days are filled with lots of love and joy in this house with two sweet little boys of ours. We are adjusting to life with two and "trying" to figure out a routine that works best for all of us. But for now, we are just going with the flow and making every the best we possibly can. Ben you are a complete joy to our family, you bring joy to our days, and you remind me each day that it is the simple things in life that can bring such happiness to our lives. You are the sweetest little boy and you look just like your big brother. We hear it from everyone, but even your daddy and I can't get over how much you resemble Luke. Luke loves you so much, giving you kisses throughout the day, asking for you in the morning, and always wanting to hold you. He tells me that he "be nice" to you and I know that one day you two will be the best of friends. Often times Luke will lay down next to you on the blanket you when are spending time on your tummy or just stretching, and you just stare at him and sometimes try to talk back to him when he says "HI Ben". These past four weeks have been so wonderful and I can't even describe how much joy you and your brother bring to our lives. Ben, you are wearing newborn diapers and clothes. You are going through diapers like it is your job. It never fails, the minute I change you, you fill another one! I am strictly nursing you, however you did get your first bottle last night! Daddy fed you a bottle of formula while I gave Luke a bath and put him to bed. You like to eat every 2-3 hours during the day. You lost your umbilical cord exactly two weeks from your birth and enjoyed your first full bath a couple of days later. You love your bath time, especially when you can suck on the washcloth. You are taking a pacifier but often times pop it out of your mouth. You love love love to be held and are spending a lot of time in the baby bjorn. When we go for walks you don't necessarily like to be in the stroller, you would rather mom carry you in the bjorn. You are a champ when it comes to sleeping at night, giving me a five hour stretch most nights, and even gave me an eight hour stretch last night! Most nights you have one long stretch of sleep and then wake a few hours later. You don't like to fall right back to sleep after I nurse you and put you back to bed. You have met so many of your family and friends these past four weeks and you bring a smile to every ones face! You are precious, you are perfect in our eyes! Ben, you make our family so proud, you are the sweetest little boy, you are the perfect addition to our family.
Monday, October 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment