Monday, August 8, 2011
Random
We had a very productive weekend getting loose ends tied up around the house. I've been wanting to get our two guest bedrooms decorated for many months, well since we moved in! Why is it that I always wait...thankfully my mom is so kind and helpful, she came down Friday and painted my old bedroom set black for me. Ive been wanting to paint it for years, and it is finally done!! I am so bummed I didn't take before and after pictures because it truly looks amazing! Even Sean commented on it! So the basement guest room Is done...black furniture with white bedding and a few red accents to bring in the red basement furniture. I am still up in the air about our upstairs bedroom, but for now its decorated with our old master bedding, brown with blue accents. The baby's room is as ready as it's going to be...we aren't doing much until after the arrival. The room is painted sweet apple green, kind of a lime green color, with zebra accents. We will use the same crib bedding we had for Luke and just add accents depending on if our sweet baby is a boy or girl. I feel pretty good about our preparation, but I know there is always plenty to do. I had an appointment last week, she felt like baby's head was down, but she couldn't confirm so I have an ultrasound this week to do a growth check and check position. Last Monday she said I was measuring a week ahead, so we will see how big this little one is. I've still been having lots of Braxton hicks and some painful contractions, but not nearly what I experienced with the back contractions before. Sleep...what sleep? I'm getting about 2 hour spurts of sleep a night, often waking from pure discomfort or I need to make a trip to the bathroom. I m so missing sleeping on my stomach. I find myself checking email, blogs, and Facebook at all hours of the night. Some of my co workers have to think I'm crazy when they get an email from me at 3 a.m! I may revert to sleeping on the couch pretty soon so Sean can at least get some sleep. I swear every time I roll, and I mean literally, roll...out of bed, he wakes and asks if everything is ok! We still would love for baby to hang out for a few more weeks, but I would be lying if I didn't say I am very anxious for this little one to arrive. Tonight some girlfriends arranged to take me out to get a pedicure and for frozen yogurt...I love how friends just know what you need at just the right time. I'm really looking forward to some girl time, getting toes painted, and of course indulging in some frozen yogurt from a new local shop that just opened up. This week also marks Sean and my anniversary week! This Thursday we will celebrate four wonderful years of marriage!!! I can't post an entry without a funny Luke story. Every morning when Luke wakes up it goes a liitle like this...we hear the rustling in the monitor, the a soft "mama", pause...then with each word it gets louder and louder "mama, mom, mommee, mommeeeeee, MOM!" And each morning we laugh, as it never gets old! When we get up to his room he is standing, waiting impatiently, and says "HI!" then hands us his monkey, mickey mouse, pillow, blanket, and snuggles (his little lovey). Once we get him out, he then throws everything back in one by one. This little guy makes us laugh so much, it's so wonderful to start each day with a laugh even if its 545a.m on a Saturday! I
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment