Monday, August 29, 2011

Our weekend & Luke's birthday week

Today is the start of Luke's birthday week! Luke will turn 2 years old this Sunday, September 4th! It is so hard to believe our sweet little Luke is going to be 2! He is growing leaps and bounds! His personality is that of a social butterfly and nothing he does surprises us. We are finding ourselves walking or turning away laughing at some of the crazy, silly things he does! We received his 1st year album that I made, over the weekend and we greatly enjoyed looking through it together Saturday afternoon while Luke took a nap. We were in awe of how time has flown by, and yet so thankful to have captured such great memories!


Luke Michale Merrick (hours old)

September 4, 2009

This was my 37 week bump picture exactly two years ago today! Little did we know Luke would be arriving shortly after this picture this taken:)


I am still pregnant...!!!! We had a very nice, low key weekend hanging out around the house and getting some things done. Friday night Sean took Luke to his 1st high school football game, West Branch vs West Liberty. Luke must not have been as impressed as he was with the hawkeye's practice, because he didn't sit too well for his daddy at the football game. While the boys were gone I took advantage of the time and went to get a pedicure, hoping they could work some magic with pressure points and send me into labor...obviously it didn't work:) Saturday Luke and I went for a walk down to the local convenient store to get a donut, feed the ducks, and enjoy a beautiful morning that felt like Fall. Sean got some things done around the house while we were out and about, he is working on a few projects! Saturday night we headed over to our friends, the Eastvolds, for dinner and let the kids run wild! Luke has so much fun playing with all the little kids. We had originally planned to just keep it simple and order pizza, but Katie went ahead and made spicy enchiladas...again to help get me to go into labor! They were absolutely delicious, but not labor:)

Sunday Luke and I went to church, date at Starbucks, and play time at the elementary school playground while Sean worked on his wood rack. He is building a wood rack to place all our firewood on for our wood burning fire place this winter! Last night we carried on with our Sunday night pizza tradition with one of our local favs, Wig and Pen, and enjoyed the great company of my dear college friend Sarah. She came into town to visit her parents and spent the night with us. It was an absolute beautiful night to sit outside on the screened in porch and visit until the late hours of the night! I love catching up with my girlfriends:)

I love spending weekends at home with my boys and just hanging out around the house and neighborhood. It was a beautiful weekend and greatly enjoyable! I hope you all have a great week and I hope that our week leads us to some exciting news!

No comments:

Post a Comment