Last week my dear friend Carly stopped by for a visit on her way to her parents from Chicago. This is the best way to get a group picture, lay them all out! Luke was being "gentle" with Baby Grace! We will see how gentle he is with his new sibling (hopefully arriving soon!)
On the baby front...nothing new to report, unfortunately. I had an appointment on Monday and I haven't had much progress since my appointment two weeks ago which was a total bummer. I have had to completely reset my expectations and my mindset, this baby will come when he/she is ready and not any sooner or later! This is the most pregnant I have ever been...almost 38 weeks! I had Luke via c section at 37 weeks so everyday is one more day of being pregnant. I am feeling ok, just very uncomfortable and not sleeping much at all. I have been walking a couple of times a day, which feels good to get some fresh air and stretch out. They did an ultrasound on Monday to confirm head down and yes indeed, this baby's head is down resting nicely on my left side, so it has to make its way straight down. It was a very quick ultrasound so I didn't get to see too much of our little one. There isn't a food that even sounds good to eat right now, as I have zero room left...when I do eat it leads to misery so I am trying my hardest to eat many small meals but that is hard to do when nothing sounds good.
I am feeling more and more anxious to meet our sweet little one, but at the same time have some sadness that our days with just Luke are numbered. We are both trying hard to do more with him and really savor these last days of the "three of us". I know Luke will do great and will love having a baby brother or sister around the house, but I am a little nervous in the same breath. I have some anxiety about sharing my attention and love. After having Luke I never imagined how much love I could have for one little person, now I will have two...is it even possible? I know it is, but those are thoughts that overcome me. Each day we will savor our precious time with Luke and Sweet Baby will grow that much more.

No comments:
Post a Comment