Monday, July 11, 2011

Our time & a hot weekend

Last week on a whim Sean and I decided to take a couple of days off to spend just the "three of us" or I should say 3 1/2 because I am taking up space for 1 1/2 these days! I am so glad that we took the opportunity to enjoy some much needed time at home, no agenda, no schedule, no emails, no phone calls, just pure joy of spending time with each other. You will have to excuse my lack of pictures for such a fun weekend, but I didn't want to tug our camera all over and when I did have it out and failed miserably to even think of snapping a picture. Thursday morning, Luke and I ran some errands, had a little snack at Starbucks, and then headed home for an early lunch with Sean so we could venture about 50 miles north to Waterloo. We spent the afternoon at Lost Island Water park just outside of Waterloo and had a complete blast! Luke was a little shy at first, but not too long into our visit he was racing Sean down every water slide he could get one, diving for "bish", and climbing up the ropes. It brought pure joy to me to see how happy Luke was and how much fun he was having. Sean and I not only enjoyed watching him play and have fun, but we greatly enjoyed some fun in the sun and cool water ourselves! Of course, Sean had to go down the plunge a few times before we could take off! We will definitely be revisiting this water park in the future! After the park we visited our great friends, Nate, Kate, and Harper Guess in Cedar Falls for a little BBQ. They were kind enough to prepare a wonderful dinner for us, and the company was even more inviting. It had been awhile since we were all together so it was fun to watch Luke and Harper play, and catch up with some great friends! Friday morning Sean took off early to watch the John Deere Classic in Moline, Il, while Luke and I cleaned the house a little and got ready for a little play group. We had some friends over Friday mid morning, 8 little ones running around and 4 moms enjoying some conversation! Sean and Luke went for a bike ride Saturday morning while I began to organized baby stuff, sort through clothes, pack up Luke's old clothes, and sort all the gender neutral gowns and onesies to prepare for the wash. I couldn't get over that our Sweet Little Luke was once that tiny! I made some great progress and feel much better about what I still need to get. While the weekend continued to get steamy, Luke and I headed to the pool on Saturday afternoon. We made another attempt to bring Luke to church with us Saturday night, it wasn't horrible but it wasn't great! We told him if he was a good boy he could have pizza afterwards, so we did follow through and enjoyed a nice dinner at our local favorite, Red's Ale House. Sunday we had a surprise visit from my parents. Sean and my dad played golf on Sunday afternoon while we hit up the Air conditioned mall to run a couple of errands. It was son wonderful to spend this time at home over the long weekend we made knowing this week ahead is filled with lots of travel and next week we are off to Seattle for the wedding of the year for our family!!! (below are just a few pics I snapped from my phone)


Luke wants to be just like his daddy all the time...I love how he has his legs crossed while he is reading a book. Lately Luke has really taken to grabbing books and sitting very content going page by page!!!
This was taken yesterday while we headed to the mall...this temperature does not agree well with a 31 week pregnant gal and add 100% humidity to the mix...not a happy camper!


This is Luke running through the sprinklers, when he should be in bed!!! Sean has had to water our lawn all week because of the hot temps and no rain. Of course, Luke wants to help and it turns into a big ole' sprinkler park for a 22 month old!



Having some fun in the sprinklers!

No comments:

Post a Comment