Wow...it is hard to believe that August is next week and there is a very small chance that we may welcome our new bundle of joy in the month of August, but most likely shortly there after! I am feeling good for the most part, but will be completely honest...this heat is really getting to me! We enjoyed five wonderful days in Seattle (more to come on that...Seattle deserves a post of its own), and it was so great to take a break from this heat and enjoy some milder 70-80 degree weather. I am finding that I am having more and more Braxton hicks, along with some true contractions more often these past couple of weeks. Between the heat and little room in my stomach, there is very little food that even sounds good to me. I rarely can sit down and eat a meal, I usually have to eat very small portions throughout the day, and I have to make myself eat them. I just get too uncomfortable after eating and quite honestly, the only thing that sounds good is a smoothie or shake. I think Luke is getting ready to meet his new little sibling, he is pointing at my stomach daily saying, "baby". When I ask him if he wants to hold the baby he says "yep!" I am a little nervous as to how he is going to accept another child into our household and I do have some anxiety about making certain that he still feels very very special. He is quite the mama's boy and I just don't want him to have any bitterness towards the baby if I can't attend to his every need on "his" time frame. I have a doctor appointment this Monday morning and begin my weekly checks following. I am anxious to see what she feels the position the baby is in. If I were to guess I would say head coming out my left side, butt under my rib cage, and feet kicking out my right! Sounds comfy, huh? As long as baby is happy and healthy, I can put up with the uncomfortable position this child is in. Good news, we have narrowed our girl list down to three names!!! That is a huge accomplishment, as we have not been able to come up with anything until this point. After we came to that conclusion Wednesday night, I said let's just leave it at that. We are prepared to go to the hospital with one boy name and three girl names. My instinct is still boy and by the looks of the gender poll, many of you are in line with me. My pregnancy has been almost identical, aside from a few differences that I think are related to second pregnancy and lack of working out. I cut back on working out or even going for walks because of the heat but mostly because I was having so many contractions, I didn't want to induce this baby to arrive any too soon!
Friday, July 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment