Tuesday, July 19, 2011

a little of this & that

I hope everyone in the Midwest is enjoying the heat! I will add that baby and I are enjoying the constant running AC in my basement office:) My hopes of a mild summer during this pregnancy similar to that of 2009 did not come true, but we are managing. For those of you who know Luke, you will understand that this heat is killing him too...saying he loves to be outside is an understatement, so the fact that he can't enjoy the outdoors is very heartbreaking to him. Although when you look out our windows, it looks as if we are living in a "ghost town" there is nobody outdoors. So I am filling Luke's calendar with lots of indoor activities. Today Miss Judi is taking him to Tumble Tots at our gym, which he loves. Yesterday he had Ms. A's school, and tomorrow sounds like a good day for the Children's museum, then we are off to Seattle! We are prepping Luke daily on counting down the days until we are going to go up into the sky on a big airplane! We bought him some headphones this weekend so he can watch movies on the trip, he wasn't quite sure about them, so we will see how it goes. We are greatly looking forward to our trip to the Northwest to celebrate my brother's wedding, and we are ever so eager to welcome some much milder temperatures.
Some more exciting news for our family, last night Sean's brother and his wife welcomed a little baby girl to the family, Alexandra. Sounds like mom and baby are doing well!
Below are a couple of pictures I took of Luke from my phone on Sunday...we spent the morning outside doing some yard work, took a trip to Menard's, and then realized the heat was too much so we went into hibernation!

getting crafty with Play-doh
...and watched a movie


On the baby front...all is going well. I feel like this baby is growing leaps and bounds hourly, giving me lots of jabs to make sure I am reminded of Baby's presence. According to my doctor, baby is head down, so I am assuming if that still holds true, baby's butt is nestled real nice up under my rib cage and loves to kick out my right side frequently, and when I say frequently, I mean constantly!!! Last night Sean and I were talking and realized that in just one month August 19th...we will be on the home stretch (37 wks) and baby could arrive anytime from that point on...seems so unreal! Which led us to the discussion of baby names. Let's just say if this baby is in fact a girl, we may not have a name prior to leaving the hospital! I will take any and all suggestions! We have our boys name, just searching for a sweet little girls name. We like pretty classic, traditional names and have a few on the list, but nothing that we are overly joyed about or can agree on. So please feel free to share your ideas in the comments section...Please!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Our girl names if we had girl twins were going to be Charlotte and Hannah. I also like Sarah. My mom is sitting here and says she likes Nadene, Lydia, Nicole and Rachel. (this is her favorite game) It's so funny because I thought girl names were so much easier than boy names. It must be just what you're used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom just keeps sitting here spewing names ... she is adding Laura to her list.

    ReplyDelete