Sunday, July 31, 2011
Be Patient Baby
Baby #2 might be a little antsy to enter the world! I spent Friday afternoon/evening in the hospital. I woke up at 3 a.m Friday morning with horrible cramping and back pain. I spent the morning taking it pretty easy, however the contractions never subsided. They weren't consistent, just very sporadic throughout the day and the low back pain was horrendous. I called into my doctor office around one that afternoon to explain how I was feeling and just asked if she wanted me to come into the office to get checked out. They didn't have a doctor in the office so they sent me to labor and delivery. While Sean was in the midst of biking 80+ miles on RAGBRI, I was going into the hosptial hoping and praying they could stop my contractions. I was not prepared for our Sweet Baby to enter the world at 34 weeks...I was pretty uneasy. When they got me settled in they hooked me and baby up to the monitor, one to monitor baby's heartbeat, an one to monitor my contractions. Within a few minutes, the monitor sky rocketed with a strong contraction. They initially planned to keep me on for 30 minutes, during that timeframe, the monitor picked up five very strong contractions so they gave me a shot to stop the contractions. I had several more after the initial shot, but after nearly two hours on the monitor the last 45 minutes remained uneventful. Good news, I was not dialated and Baby's heartbeat looked great during the two hour timeframe on the monitor. They will continue to give me this shot over the next 13 days if needed. Once I hit 36 weeks (2 more weeks) they will let me go and not take any measures to stop the contractions. As anxious as we are to welcome our little bundle of joy, we are really hoping this baby will hang out for a few more weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment