Wednesday, March 30, 2011
16 1/2 weeks and a sick house
Well, we are going on week three of being sick at the Merrick household:( It started with Luke, just a basic running nose and cough. He seemed to do better just in time for mom and dad to come down with horrible colds that led to strep and sinus infection. We are all still pumping the Vitamin C, and I am on my last day of antibiotics. Unfortunately, Luke came down with a second bout of sickness over the weekend. I was in Chicago for work meetings this week and cut my trip short so I could come home to my sick little guy. I took him in yesterday and sure as heck, double ear infection:( I am hopeful that we are nearing the end of a very long few weeks. I am glad Target restocked their Kleenex because I was worried we were going to buy them out! I will say, Luke may be one of the happiest sick kids ever, he sure doesn't miss a beat. It is easy to tell when he is really sick because he just wants to sit and watch tv, which very rarely happens...him sitting, that is! As far as my pregnancy, I do apologize, as I have gotten several questions asking about my weekly bump tracker! Unfortunately, I have not even snapped one photo of my expanding waistline, maybe this weekend. I am 16 1/2 weeks and up until my cold/sinus infection/strep, I was feeling great. I am started experiencing heartburn for the first time this week so I took it upon myself to buy some chocolate milk to help ease the burning at night. I have always heard second pregnancy's show a lot sooner, and I have to admit, I might be breaking out the maternity pants in the next couple of weeks, and I can't wait...they are so darn comfortable. I am still wearing all my normal clothes, just not as comfortable as they were 16 weeks ago or even 4 weeks ago! My waistline is definitely getting "thick" and it now takes me about 30 minutes just to find something in my closet to wear. Everything seems to be right on track for an early September delivery. I have our 20 week ultrasound just around the corner, so we are anxious to see our Little Sweet Pea. I have been feeling the baby more and more, but nothing too powerful just yet. I will say, I am enjoying reading my blog posts from my pregnancy with Luke. It is fun to see what I was experiencing at this time during that pregnancy and how it is similar and different. For those asking, I will try to post a picture this weekend, but don't expect one every week, I have a 19 month old that keeps me running and have a lot less time on my hands than I did before:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment