I didn't realize just how much I can get done in two hours. Luke has been taking two solid two hour naps...which has allowed me to get SO much done on this very productive Saturday. Where do I start...during the morning nap, I did a all over clean job on the house (good thing about the townhouse is that it doesn't take all that long to do a deep clean!), laundry, took down the baby swing (yes, he is 9 months old and I finally took down the swing to allow more room in the living room.), made lunch, organized my summer clothes! We went for a nice walk after he woke up, had some lunch, played outside, and down for nap #2. What did I get done during nap #2...took a shower, got ready, folded laundry, went to the bank, post office, grocery store, and now I am catching up on blogs, and trying to find a summer home rental for a week of vacation for our family! We really want to start a tradition, now that we have started our family, to taking one week off during the summer and renting a cabin somewhere to enjoy the great outdoors for a week of fun in the sun and relaxation!
I hope you are all having a very relaxing weekend. We had a very long week, my brother got married, some other great exciting news, and some unfortunate news. My uncle Don passed away suddenly last Saturday night. We spent last Monday with my mom's family, and then I drove up yesterday to attend Don's funeral. My aunt Kathy needs lots of prayers to get through these next several weeks and months ahead. I pray that she finds strength and comfort in all the wonderful memories she holds close to her heart. Don made her so happy and I am hopeful that all the happiness he provided in her life will give her the peace and comfort as she begins her grieving process. I think the hardest part of losing a loved one are the days when everyone else goes back to doing their "normal routine" and you are left 'alone' reminded everyday that he is physcially no longer here with her. All the upcoming events they had planned together that she will now do alone, all the nights she sleeps alone, these are the times when she needs our prayers. She needs to know that she will never ever be alone. I am thankful for my family and I know that we will do everything we can to never let her feel alone.
Please keep my aunt Kathy in your thoughts and prayers. Pray for stregnth, comfort, and peace as she begins to walk this journey.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment