Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Continue to pray for strength, understanding, & comfort

Please continue to pray for the Ben Ricketts Family. I have copied and pasted Dave Ricketts most recent post from their caring bridge site.
Although I have never met this family, I, like many others have been touched by their story, and hold this family up in prayer as they have endured one of the worst things a parent could ever imagine. This story has tested my faith and has lead to me to believe stronger in the Lord's plan, and that we are all His children and we are hear on borrowed time. I can say that if I was tested as the Ricketts Family has been, I may not be as strong as they have been and how they continue to seek comfort by His presence and their faith. They have inspired me to have a stronger believe in the Lord God's plan.
While following little Ben's story, I began to question to my faith. I prayed for a miracle like thousands of others across the country. When that miracle did not happen as I prayed, I began to question why on earth did He take this sweet little boy from his family that loved him so. Although the miracle I prayed for did not occur, why do I assume a miracle did not occur? After all, He brought little Ben home to enjoy the miracle of heaven after only just 22 months, while most people have to wait years.
This story devastated me and I began to question and fear the "what ifs". I can't even begin to imagine how this family has endured such pain in their loss, especially as a new mother. After reading Dave's posts and 'hearing' him, he has lead me, he has inspired me to live deeper in my faith. I am still saddened and heartbroken for this family, think of them and pray for them continuously, but when I read Dave's posts and think about the greater meaning to our life here on earth, I find comfort. I know that dealing with the loss of a child, spouse, parent, and/or close friend changes the way we all live our life. The loss will never be forgotten because there is a "void", a longing for their immediate presence on earth. By knowing that He will never leave us in time of need offers comfort. I pray for this family, for strength, to find comfort in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead. I pray they find forgiveness and that when they feel anger they can grieve and find comfort in His ways.
I often find myself praying to God when I need something, like many others. I now find myself thanking Him endlessly for the many blessings in my life. The simple things like letting me walk, the blessing of knowing how to love and be loved, the blessing of our healthy son Luke, growing up in a home of love and faith, I am blessed! God is so Good!
Dear Lord hold The Ricketts Family close to You as they walk the journey you have laid out for them, they have brought thousands of people closer to loving & believing in You. You have chosen them to speak Your word and I ask that you give them strength and comfort as they go forward spreading Your great word to so many. Heal their broken hearts. Comfort them.


Wednesday, June 2, 2010 12:41 AM, CDT
Friends, The day is coming to an end for me now. Finally. Today seemed to last forever. Today being the first, what I would call a "normal" day, without Benjamin. I mean there were the first couple of days after he died, but they were spent basically in a fog. A fog of not knowing how or what to feel. Happy that he's in a better place? Or, sad that we will never get to squeeze him again? Then there were the days spent planning his funeral. Those were pretty bad too. The constant statement between Steph and I was, "I can't believe we are doing this right now!" But we made it through with the help of God and some very dear family and friends. Then we had the funeral and the weekend after that. Much of that time was spent, again, with family and friends. All very effective in keeping our minds occupied with little time to just sit and think about our life without our third little boy. But eventually that time had to come and that was today. The first day back to work, and like I said, back to "normal" life. I had a lot of time by myself today, time to think. I constantly thought of all the fun things Ben had missed over the weekend, but quickly had to remind myself that he didn't miss any of it, and his experience of it was a million times better than mine, because he was in heaven. I also had plenty of time to think about what my life is going to look like without him. And that was hard because I'm still waiting for an answer. God has not told me yet. All I can do right know, and I know it sounds cliche, is live one day at a time. And pray that He gives me some direction. So, I guess that is what my prayer is after today. I pray for some direction. Direction towards the way my life is supposed to go now that Ben is "really" gone. (I still can't believe I am saying that.) And, Lord once You have given me some direction, I pray that I never forget what got me here. You, You got me to this place of total surrender. Thank You God for Your goodness. And please tell Ben we miss him and love him very much. Thanks again to all of you who have posted messages of prayers and words of encouragement. I love it. And thank you to all who have sent cards, those have been great tools of comfort for Steph and myself. You are all such good people I really don't know how to say thank you enough. God be with you all. LoveDaveSteph, Gabe, Eli, and Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment