It has happened! Gunner has officially taken on the role of "watch dog" over Luke. Gunner has been out of commission the past few months with his knee surgery so he wasn't taking the stairs too well. Now that he is almost 3 months post-op he is challenging himself in every way. Last night he roamed upstairs, he has always loved sleeping at the foot of our bed! HOWEVER...Gunner has decided to sleep at the foot of Luke's crib!!! It is priceless. This morning when I went into get Luke, there sat Gunner, laid you alongside Luke's crib. I wish I had a picture...maybe tomorrow morning I will come armed with the camera.
We are anxiously awaiting Spring! I have had a week from hell when it comes to traveling. I got stranded Sunday evening on my way to Lincoln, NE, having to stay at the most disgusting motel. I made the trek back East to Des Moines where I should have stayed. I had no business being out on the road Monday. Unfortunately, yet fortunately I drove home. I wanted to get home to my boys!!! It was not a smart move on part, I am very thankful that I made it home safely. I counted around 70 vehicles in the ditch between Des Moines and Iowa City (96 mile stretch) and there was one fatal accident right before my eyes. I am pretty certain I had a very special Angel Grandpa looking out for me. It was one of those drives, when I arrived home I let out the biggest sigh of relief and wiped the sweat off my forehead. Sean made a great point...although Luke appreciated me being home Monday night, it is not worth the risk, he would rather have his mom home the next day than not at all!!! I need to change my way of thinking now that I have a sweet little boy that needs his mama!
Safe travels to everyone, be safe, be smart, and go somewhere warm for a bit!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment