Saturday, January 9, 2010

Freezing cold

I just want to share that it is FREEZING COLD here in Iowa City, and we are so jealous of all of you who are somewhere warm! This morning it was -10 and -34 with windchill. Needless to say we are staying put. I ran out this morning for a few errands and we are hoping to make it to church this evening, otherwise we are going into hibernation. Sean went out and bought the new Tiger Woods golf game, yes, he is still a supporter! It turned out to be a pretty good investment because it has been so darn cold these past couple of weeks that he has spent hours in his "man cave" playing Tiger Woods golf on our wii. (thanks Nate for getting Sean hooked over Christmas)I am happy to share that I have been using my Christmas gift, my pilates reformer, and my kettleworx workout DVDs. I am not so sure it is working yet, but I am determined to stick with it. I have some motivation..we are in the process of planning a trip to Mexico in April for my 30th birthday!!!!
Monday and Tuesday we are meeting with some local builders! Top on our list for 2010 is to find a home!!! We haven't seen anything yet, so we have meetings with some builders to see what their plans are for the Parade of homes tour this year, and see if we might be interested in one of their plans. We are considering all our options, hoping this is our final move...for many years anyway!
We had Luke's 4 month check on Thursday afternoon, he is growing like a weed, 26 inches in the 75th percentile, 13 lbs 8oz, 20th percentile for weight. We seem to think he is a little chunk, however he is still pretty small. They said if he were in the 75th percentile for weight too he would be 14 lbs 8 oz...he seems pretty big to us. He is loving his jumparoo, I have some great video of him, as soon as I learn how to upload our videos I will post some clips...it makes me laugh so hard because he gets so excited and jumps more when we laugh!

Here is our little trooper after his shots. After he caught his breath from the sting of the shots, he screamed bloody murder for a couple minutes then was out like a light. I was expecting him to sleep for awhile, but as soon as we got home he was ready to play. Shortly after I took this picture, he had his purple band-aid off and in his mouth!!! He was like "I don't need band-aids, band-aids are for wimps!" Everything is going in his mouth these days!

1 comment:

  1. Crap, now Sean will probably beat me on Tiger Woods Golf :(

    ReplyDelete