Last weekend Sean and I became "Tough Mudders" 11.5 miles and 30+ obstacles completed! It was an amazing experience to do and conquer together, I still find myself in disbelief that we actually did this when I look at the course pictures online. It all started in February when Sean went on his annual skiing trip with his college roommate Mike Migely. Mike was telling Sean about this race that he and his wife Jodelle were doing in May. Sean was intrigued and without questions, said "Sign us up!" He came home from Steamboat and informed me that we were going to be doing the Tough Mudder May 19th. I had no idea what this race entailed, or better yet, how on earth was I going to finish it!? So after browsing http://www.toughmudder.com/, and checking out the various obstacles, I immediately became super intimidated. I was reluctant to agree, but knew Sean really wanted to do this and thought it would be a lot of fun for us to do together. So our journey began...The weekend arrived...and it was AMAZING!!!!! We will definitely be doing another one! The terrain was intense, the obstacles were a challenge, but the teamwork on the course was indescribable. Perfect strangers grabbing your hand to pull you over the Berlin Walls, random people cheering you...it was one of the most rewarding and challenging things we have undergone and we are so proud to have completed this course with great friends and new friends!
Sean and I with Mike & Jodelle Migely
Team Dirty Rascals
So happy that Sean talked me into doing this race with him, it was an adventure that I am glad we got to do together!
making it through the last obstacle without getting zapped by the live electrical wires...I think reason to celebrate!
We have completed the TOUGH MUDDER 2012!
This was the cleanest we were the entire race after jumping nearly 20 feet into 10 feet of cold water to clean us off!
Thank you Mike and Jodelle for organizing this team and sharing this amazing experience with us!






No comments:
Post a Comment